Thursday, August 9, 2007

Feeling Good About Doing This

I think I am finally in the right mindset to do this detox. I can't wait until I get started next Wednesday. My sister is considering doing it too, but I think she will wait to see how I do on it first. She keeps telling me it's "hard core." She's right, no chewing for 21 days is hard core. I'm ready for it though. I have been obsessively meticulously making hour-by-hour schedules for each day of the week while detoxing. Focusing on this so much is getting me prepared mentally.

Yesterday I had a mini-crisis with my detoxing products order. Turns out the A1nutrition site was 'out of stock' on most of the items. I didn't want to move my start date so I canceled my order from them and went to another site, 911healthshop.com and got the 4 main items with priority shipping for around the same price. I do still have to buy the aloe pills & enzymes. I also want to get the Bragg's Liquid Amino. From what I read on the Google group, this makes a big difference with the soup flavoring.

I'm proud of myself for working out everyday this week and for not going crazy eating all the foods I want before the detox. I have to confess I have been eating a lot of grilled cheeses with cheddar and feta, but those aren't too bad, only about 210 calories each. I have also been eating dark chocolate everyday and last week I was having wine every night. I have decided that on Sunday when we go out for my early birthday dinner, it will be the last day I have beef, bread, wine and dark chocolate before the detox. I want to eat light on Monday and Tuesday so my body is not too shocked when I go down so much in calorie intake. I have already made the switch to drinking the distilled water and caffeine free herb teas. I have read some people complaining about the taste of the distilled water but it tastes fine to me and I've been a spring and tap water drinker for a long time. So far, the tea I like is Raspberry Zinger, it smells wonderful and with the stevia tastes a bit like watered down kool-aid.

5 days until the detoxing begins!

No comments: