Monday, August 20, 2007

Day 4 ----- A Low Energy Day

This morning I felt weak and hungry. I did lose another pound. I had expected to feel pretty bad & have headaches the first few days, but all in all I have felt pretty good the whole time. I think that a lot of the people who get headaches are coffee or soda drinkers. I haven't had much caffeine for years, only the small amount found in dark chocolate.

I hoped my coffee enema would give me some energy. A lot of people say that it does. I was sort of worried that the caffeine would make me jittery. Next time I will make my coffee water before I take the kids to school, so it will have plenty of time to cool before 9am when I have it scheduled. I didn't put my little dog in her crate this time, which was a mistake because she scratched & whined at the door a lot. She thinks she has to follow me everywhere, separation anxiety. I guess it gave me a little boost, because I didn't feel like napping anymore afterward. I wasn't all energetic though, like I had hoped. Maybe if I had held it in a little longer than the few minutes I managed.

My dinner soup was good tonight. I juiced lots of tomatoes, lots of garlic, some spinach and basil, then cooked the pulp and juice in a pot for a few minutes. It kinda tasted like the pomodoro that I make with pasta. It tasted good, but gave me bad breath & a stomach ache. So I had a cup of hot peppermint tea & an all natural peppermint oil mint. It helped a little, but my stomach still feels yucky, so I'm going to have another cup of hot peppermint tea before bed.

Though I've been little tired all day, I still took my evening walk with my sister, her daughter and my dog. This evening I had a real sense of pride in myself for doing this and I really feel like I will be able to complete the entire 21 days & the 7 days of easing off the detox.

No comments: