Wednesday, September 5, 2007

End of Detox -- Beginning Maintenance Days 1 & 2

I ended the detox.

I just couldn't take the drinks any more. I got up Tuesday morning and hadn't lost anymore weight. I went to school and had my first Essential Greens drink and thought to myself, I'm sick of this, I'm eating today. So I left school early and went home and had raw baby carrots for lunch, yum. I had another green drink before dinner, then I had a protein shake and steamed broccoli for dinner, wonderful. I stayed up pretty late that night, so at about 11pm I had a nectarine, delectable.

My husband and daughter were a little disappointed that I didn't go the whole 21 days. I was a little defensive and said, "Let's see you go without eating for 18 days and you tell me if you aren't ready to chew something." All in all they have been really supportive. They were very encouraging the whole time and kept telling me about how much weight I've lost. They are a little concerned that I may go back to eating too much too soon. I have been assuring them that I am taking it slow. To be honest I am going a bit quicker than the book says, but I definitely don't plan to jump right into full meals all day again.

Today, I avoided the drink mixes all day. I had a nectarine for breakfast, then I roasted myself some vegetables for lunch: potatoes, carrots, onions and mushrooms with Mrs Dash seasoning. I had a protein shake for a snack, then more roasted vegetables for dinner. I just ate a peach at about 9:30 pm. I have been taking the enzymes with all my food and plan to continue to take them indefinitely. My stomach feels really full after I eat and at first I thought maybe it was a stomach ache, but I'm pretty sure I'm just full. I'm not used to it, I haven't been full for 19 days.

I plan to continue my elimination therapies for this last week, a coffee enema this morning, a detox bath tonight, tomorrow or Friday is a kidney cleanse drink and then a final water enema on Saturday.

I've been forgetting to measure up. I need to do that in the morning if I have time before school. I know I've lost several inches.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You did fantastic!!! 18 days without eating is truly a big deal. Congrats on all your will power. Be careful of the oils you add back in, try to take them slowly, that was the only time after the diet that I had trouble, I had a couple of days of stomach aches and I really believe it was oils that I added to salads and my dinners. Kate

chickycola said...

Yes Congratulations you did wonderful! And 15 lbs in 18 days isn't too shabby! Great job!
Janice