Sunday, September 2, 2007

Days 12 & 13 ------ Torturing Myself With Thoughts of Food

I’m so ready to end this diet. I’ve been contemplating quitting early. I’m not going to quit though. I’m almost there. I’m still losing weight, about a half pound a day, nothing to balk at. I would be foolish to quit now when I can potentially lose 5-9 more pounds.


I’m bored with the food on the diet. I’m only taking a few sips of my juice and soups. Even my sweet potato puree has lost my interest. The book says I should be past craving by now, but I think that my cooking for my family every night and baking all that banana bread has made it harder on me.


I’m constantly fantasizing about all the food I’m going to eat after this detox. I’m going to have to be careful, otherwise I may go nuts and try to everything I want in a few days time. I’m going to follow the post-detox plan (at least for the first 5 days) and then I’m going to have a big Nacho Deluxe with black beans, homemade salsa, black olives, cheddar cheese, sour cream and maybe jalapeños. Mmmm, I can hardly wait.


I love thinking about the food I want. I’m torturing myself with it. Wednesday, I spent the whole day looking through my Cooking Light & Every Day Food magazines and writing down all the recipes I want to try. I’m not going to go crazy when I get off this diet. I still want to lose weight. I’m planning to eat vegetarian most days, stay away from dairy as much as I can (which will be the most difficult, I love cheese). I’ve been lactose intolerant for a while, so I’m considering switching to soy milk and cheeses, or at least go with the “active” cheeses that are available now.


Since I will be adding protein back into my diet, I plan to begin a serious exercise program, including all that ab work that I had planned to begin a couple weeks ago. Surely if I can go without real food for 21 days, I’ll be able to workout daily and stick to my plan.

No comments: