Sunday, September 2, 2007

Days 16 & 17 – I Survived The State Fair

On Saturday I picked up my protein shakes, drink mix & more enzymes on the way to the fair. I had a coupon and one of the GNC gold cards, so I only spent $50. I drank one of my Essential Green mixes and a bottle of distilled water right before we got there, so that I wouldn’t starve while I was there. I took my cooler with another drink-mix and bottle of water for the ride home.


We were there for about 4 hours and I wasn’t overwhelmed with wanting to eat fair food. I never realized there were so many food stands at those things. I’m not exaggerating, I think I saw about 100 food stands, all selling greasy junk food. At one point I forgot I was on the diet and I said, “Ooh, they have wine tastings.” My husband reminded me that I couldn’t have any. I was a little disappointed, but I was fine really. Actually, I’m glad I was on the diet when we went, otherwise I’m sure I would have went overboard trying everything from philly cheese steaks to roasted corn. We walked a lot at the fair, but we probably walked more looking for our car afterwards. When we left, I was crazy-thirsty and on the way home I drank a bottle of my distilled water.


I had my first vanilla protein shake when I got home. They aren’t too bad, aren’t too good, but it tasted more like food that any of the drink mixes, so I was glad to have it. I’ve decided to have those for dinner for the last week of the diet. They have 100 more calories, so I hope they don’t affect my weight loss much.


Today I woke up feeling really good. My husband is not working today for the first Sunday in weeks. He will work tomorrow on Labor Day though. I’m feeling excited because after today, I only have 4 days left on the detox! I’m going to take some time today and tomorrow to make a meal plan for the next few weeks. I hoping this will prevent me from eating everything at once. I’m going to put all those things I have been craving on there. This way if I want something, I can tell myself I will have that on such-n-such day.


I'm glad to be caught up on my blogging. I'll try not to get behind again. I'm going to keep blogging for a couple weeks after the 21 days, so we can see if I gain any weight back.

No comments: